HUMAN RESOURCES >
JOBS AT RMU >
MAINTENANCE WORKER III (PART-TIME SEASONAL)
Maintenance Worker III (Part-Time Seasonal)
The Human Resources Department announces a part-time seasonal labor position working in the Facilities Management Department performing manual work to support events and the custodial case of University buildings and parking facilities. This part-time seasonal position is not eligible for the University's benefit programs.
Responsibilities include: Prepares surfaces to be painted by use of power cleaning equipment, chemicals, scrapers, sandpaper, sanding machines and any other methods. Determines specific types and amounts of materials to be used; applies paints, stains, sealers, varnishes, fillers, and other coating materials to interior and exterior of buildings and facilities or equipment owned by the University; erects, moves, and works from scaffolding, ladders and similar platforms to complete work safely and efficiently; Installs and/or repairs drywall, plaster, sheetrock and similar materials by using fillers, tape, spackling compound, patching plasters and similar product; consistently makes proper decisions to ensure the work performed is completed in accordance with project guidelines set by management, and that the project is completed with a high degree of efficiency; performs a variety of light maintenance work that may include, but is not limited to, carpentry, painting, plumbing, basic electrical, general mechanical and similar functions routinely assigned to a Building Mechanic; performs snow removal work by using hand tools to remove snow and ice from steps, walks and ramps; operates salt spreaders, tractors and trucks to remove snow and ice from walks, ramps, roads and parking lots; maintains a functional awareness of typical hazards of the work place as well as special hazards that may be encountered; follows established procedures for dealing with such potential hazards, promptly reporting all accidents or injuries to supervisor; responds to emergency calls from all campus locations; and performs related work as assigned.
Anticipated Schedule: Monday through Friday 7:00 am to 3:30 pm.Minimum Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of five years of work experience in a building maintenance environment and experience performing a full range of skilled mechanical maintenance and repair work. Specific experience in the painting trade is required.
- Must have a valid driver's license; ability to drive vehicles with standard transmissions.
- Must be mechanically inclined with the ability to receive work orders verbally or in writing; ability to work without direct supervision; ability to work well with co-workers.
- Knowledge of all tools, materials, methods and hazards of the trade; skilled in the use of all tools of the trade.
- Must be able to work from blueprints, shop drawings, sketches, technical manuals, or verbal instruction.
- Maintains and completes accurate maintenance records and/or logs related to all work activities.
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, lift, climb ladders, work from scaffolding, remain standing or walking for long periods of time; ability to lift/carry up to 100 pounds.
- Must work outside in all types of weather and, at times, in unpleasant areas.
- Maintains an acceptable record of attendance, punctuality and meeting deadlines; ability to report to work during any University closings; must be able to work any shift, at any campus location.
- Must adhere to all University and department policies, procedures, and safety regulations.
Internal Application Deadline: N/A
External Application Deadline: Until Position Is Filled
Starting Date: As Soon As Possible