Please Do Not Contact Departments Directly.
Submit letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (unless otherwise noted).
RMU is an equal opportunity employer (see Legal Statements).
For More Information, Contact:
HUMAN RESOURCES >
JOBS AT RMU >
OPERATIONS CENTER TECHNICIAN (PART-TIME)
Operations Center Technician (Part-Time)
Robert Morris University seeks candidates for the part-time position of Operations Center Technician in the Facilities Management Department.
Reporting to the Operations Center Supervisor, this part-time position is responsible for the University switchboard operations, the facility work order system, monitoring of building HVAC and other alarm systems, retrieving/organizing inventory supplies for work order distribution, routine clerical, data input, invoice verification and other related duties.
NOTE: This is a 15 - 20 hour/week part-time position with work hours that will include evenings and week-ends. Initial training will be conducted during the time period of 8 am to 2 pm. Regular hours of work will be from 4 pm to 10 pm, with daytime week-end hours. This position is not eligible for the University's benefits programs.
- Receiving/Opening/Closing/Reporting "On-Demand" and "Preventive Maintenance" Work Orders.
- Switchboard Operator duties.
- Monitoring Building Systems and responding to alarms.
- Retrieving/organizing and distributing inventory supplies according to Work Orders.
- Clerical functions, including but not limited to, answering telephone and emails, data entry and file maintenance.
- Related work as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Associate's degree preferred.
- Customer service or dispatch experience preferred.
- Computer skills with experience using Microsoft office software; Micromain software experience is a plus.
- Ability to work independently and without direct supervision.
- Ability to prioritize work and make quick decisions and communication skills that provide excellent problem resolution.
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, lift, climb ladders, lift up to 25 pounds, along with the ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to work during University Closings.
Internal Application Deadline: N/A
External Application Deadline: Until Position Is Filled
Starting Date: As Soon As Possible