Please Do Not Contact Departments Directly.
Submit letter of interest and resume to email@example.com (unless otherwise noted).
RMU is an equal opportunity employer (see Legal Statements).
For More Information, Contact:
HUMAN RESOURCES >
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES >
The Human Resources Department seeks candidates for a Part-Time Therapist reporting to the
Director of the University’s Counseling Center. This is a part-time position
anticipated to work 14-20 hours per week during the academic year (August through
April). This part-time position is not eligible for university benefits.
Responsibilities Include: Conducts intake interviews, identifies needs, and creates a case formulation; works with counseling center team to develop treatment plans, including appropriate referrals; provides short-term individual therapy; coordinates and leads group therapy sessions; effectively engages and retains students and efficiently manages caseload; appropriately manages and resolves crises; refers students to supportive services on campus and in the community to supplement treatment and counseling; consults with and/or makes referrals to other professionals and outside agencies; develops and implements appropriate discharge or transfer planning with student and relevant parties and conducts necessary follow-up; develops and maintains positive relationships with university faculty, staff, and students; student families and partners, and local mental health providers; coordinates care effectively with psychiatric care providers; maintains accurate and complete case files; works to expand services offered by the Counseling Center; performs relevant administrative duties and related work as required.
- Master’s degree counseling, mental health, psychology, therapy, or a related field from an accredited college or university required.
- Licensure or eligibility for licensure from the state of Pennsylvania required within one year of hire date.
- Maintenance of licensing, knowledge, contemporary ideas, and trends through training.
- Knowledge and skills working with diverse college students; Experience in a college or university counseling center desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relations, and work with culturally diverse peoples.
- Sound analysis, judgment, critical thinking, and decision making skills.
- Strong desire to positively impact people’s lives.
- Characteristics which inspire respect, trust, and confidence.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Adherence to the code of ethics associated with specialty, licenses and/or certification.
- Knowledge of psychological and counseling theory, principles, practices, and techniques.
- Knowledge of social and psychological basis of dysfunctional behavior.
- Ability to quickly and accurately recognize and recommends solutions to problems.
- Maintenance of confidentiality in accordance with legal standards.
candidates should submit their letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: Robert Morris University, Human Resources
Dept., 6001 University Blvd., Moon Township, PA 15108.
Internal Application Deadline: N/A
External Application Deadline: Until Position Is Filled
Starting Date: As Soon As Possible