|Do not contact departments directly.
Submit letter of interest and resume to email@example.com (unless otherwise noted).
To ensure proper processing of the application, use the following email subject format:
Subject: Position Title - Job ID
RMU is an equal opportunity employer (see Legal Statements).
For More Information, Contact:
HUMAN RESOURCES >
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES > Therapist (Part-Time)
Therapist - Part Time (Job #2404)
- Conducts intake interviews, identifies needs, and creates a case formulation.
- Works with counseling center team to develop treatment plans, including appropriate referrals.
- Provides short-term individual therapy.
- Effectively engages and retains students and efficiently manages caseload.
- Appropriately manages and resolves crises.
- Refers students to supportive services on campus and in the community to supplement treatment and counseling.
- Consults with and/or makes referrals to other professionals and outside agencies.
- Develops and implements appropriate discharge or transfer planning with student and relevant parties and conducts necessary follow-up.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with university faculty, staff, and students; student families and partners, and local mental health providers.
- Maintains accurate and complete case files.
- Works to expand services offered by the Counseling Center.
- Performs relevant administrative duties and related work as required.
- This is a non-benefit eligible part time position working approximately 16 hours per week during the Fall and Spring semesters. This position will not exceed 950 hours per year.
- Master’s degree in counseling, mental health, psychology, therapy, or a related field from an accredited college or university required.
- Licensure or eligibility for licensure from the state of Pennsylvania required within one year of hire date.
- Maintenance of licensing, knowledge, contemporary ideas, and trends through training.
- Knowledge and skills working with diverse college students; experience in a college or university counseling center desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relations, and work with culturally diverse peoples.
- Sound analysis, judgment, critical thinking, and decision making skills.
- Strong desire to positively impact people’s lives.
- Characteristics which inspire respect, trust, and confidence.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Adherence to the code of ethics associated with specialty, licenses and/or certification.
- Knowledge of psychological and counseling theory, principles, practices, and techniques.
- Knowledge of social and psychological basis of dysfunctional behavior.
- Ability to quickly and accurately recognize and prescribe solutions to problems.
- Maintenance of confidentiality in accordance with legal standards.
Internal Application Deadline: N/A
External Application Deadline: Until Position Is Filled
Starting Date: As Soon As Possible